Within your breakout groups, you will investigate climate change “myths.” Your goal is to explain why the myths are incorrect.
In your group, you will research the following and then present it to the other groups:
- Explain the myths you chose and discuss what evidence is used to support this
- Explain why your myths are incorrect, finding at least one source on the Internet that disproves each myth
- Type any thoughts in the text box below, and be prepared to share with the rest of the camp!
List of climate change myths to choose from:
- Sunspots and the solar cycle drive Earth’s climate change, not human activity.
- Global climate change only happens if the globe is warming (i.e., global warming).
- There will be more hurricanes on Earth due to global climate change in the future.
- Global warming has “paused” over the past 20 years.
- CO2 concentrations are way too small in the atmosphere to have any effect on global climate change.
- We cannot trust climate model predictions because we cannot even predict weather events accurately a week in advance.
- The climate on Earth has always changed due to natural reasons so how do we know that humans affect climate?
- It snowed outside in Oklahoma, which proves that global warming is not real
Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) Snowball in the Senate (C-SPAN)